Posted on 29 April 2016
From contouring to “strobing”, here’s a fresh new take from OFRA on highlighting!
“Strobing” is a more minimalistic highlighting technique with illuminator as opposed to contouring and slimming the face down with a sun-kissed glow. You focus on the highpoints of your features and it does not matter if you are tan or porcelain pale - the end results will be the same.
Strobing is best achieved using a crème, liquid or powder to enhance the highpoints on your face where the light naturally hits, creating a mirrored glowing effect. “Strobing” is a technique meant to play with light and textures so that your skin looks radiant and luminous without the need of bronzers and too many other products for a beautiful, natural makeup look.
(IG beauties: @k_asmussen, @gabyteemua, & @anielyzzaf using our @DupeThat x OFRA highlighters for some beautiful natural & glam looks!)
Start with your favorite OFRA foundation and proceed with a highlighter applying to the bridge of the nose, cheekbones, cupids bow, chin and above the brow bone.
Best products to achieve the glow? OFRA’s got you covered!
- DupeThat Highlighter – In two shades, ‘You Dew You’ with a peachy golden tone and ‘You Glow Girl’ a gorgeous pink highlighter with just enough shimmer for a blushed glow.
- Cheeky - Cheekbone Enhancer – An iridescent loose powder to give you a touch of accentuated glamour.
- Derma Mineral Powder – High in shimmer and perfect for a finishing glam look.
- Translucent Highlighting Luxury Powder – For a matte finish with multiple uses, it will highlight your features and can be used as a setting powder, light matte eye shadow or to conceal dark circles.
- Illuminating Blush Stripes – Highlight your cheekbones in any light, giving your face the illusion of popular high cheekbones while also providing the natural pink glow every woman desires and expects from a quality blush (can also be used as four individual eye shadows ;)
A super easy and must try for anyone who wants to achieve a healthy, youthful glow. Get your strobe on & hit the streets with confidence as you let your light beam with this naturally beautiful glow technique that has been talked about all over the runway!
Written by Mariel Fernandez - OFRA Team Member