Posted on 30 November 2016
Inspired by Pantones Fashion Color Report for Fall 2016
(Colors From L to R: Riverside, Airy Blue, Sharkskin, Aurora Red, Warm Taupe, Dusty Cedar, Lush Meadow, Spicy Mustard, Potters Clay and Bodacious”)
The fall 2016 Pantone color palette is described as “A Unity of Strength, Confidence and Complexity” inspired by the desire to emit the qualities of tranquility, strength and optimism inspired by the Blue family. You’ll also see some more vibrant pops of color, and earth tones to anchor the collection. Not your typical gem tone fall shades, these colors show a playful yet structured palette with hints of exuberant colors.
Leatrice Eiseman - Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute - describes the color choices as follows: “Blue Skies represent constancy as they are always above us. Grays give a feeling of stability; Red tones invite confidence and warmth, while the hot Pinkish Purples and the Spicy Mustard Yellows suggest a touch of the exotic.”
Let’s take a look at some makeup picks by OFRA to help emulate fall in all its best colors this season:
- Riverside – Cool and calming like the rivers that flow, our Slate eyeliner can be used to brighten up your eyes with a pop of color on your waterline for a subtle vibrancy that still maintains a sense of constancy and stability. Stay tuned for our new Sapphire eye liner as well with a bold hue to compliment Riversides soft sophistication this season.
- Airy Blue– Mystic Blue & Sky Blue shimmer eye shadows are the ideal shades that emit weightlessness and airiness as inspired by its Pantone shade. Can you tell by the names?
(@angeschka using our Irresistible Smokey shadows & showing us arm swatches)
- Sharkskin - Irresistible Smokey Signature Shadow Set creates the perfect smoky eye with beautiful cool gray tones in Foil& Exquisite.
- Aurora Red – OFRA offers a variety of red lip shades suitable for every skin tone and season. Atlantic City, Havana Nights, and Venice Long Lasting Liquid Lipsticks are all gorgeous options. Don’t forget to check out our assortment of lip liners to compliment your lipstick!
- Warm Taupe- Staten Island & Dubai Long Lasting Liquid Lipsticks are the perfect gray-nude and pure nude colors we offer to rock this color at its best! You can combine them both or wear them on their own.
(@kelly_janexx looks stunning in our Tuscany liquid lipstick!)
- Dusty Cedar- Tuscany, one of our newest liquid lipstick shades included in our Vintage Vineyard Collection, is the perfect shade to compliment “Dusty Cedar” with its wine and dusty-rose inspired tones.
(@zacharyedward rocking this dynamic duo for a lush rich lippie!)
- Lush Meadow- If you were lucky enough to get your hands on our limited edition Emerald City Liquid Lipstick, try pairing it with The Bronx Liquid Lipstick to create a beautiful forest-green duo.
- Spicy Mustard - OFRA’s Professional Makeup Palette in “Dazzling Diamonds” comes with 20 shimmering eyeshadows including “Gold Rush”, a shade resembling the hue of Spicy Mustard. With other warm tones to compliment this color you can create a beautiful eye look with the focus on fall’s zesty yellow shade. Take a look at all of our shimmer and matte eye shadows for more colors in this family!
- Potters Clay – Miami Fever and Americano are beautiful autumn shades with orange-brown undertones. These shades typically appear earthier on pale skin tones and brighter on deep skin tones. Both of these liquid lipsticks are perfectly in keeping with the warm Potters Clay color.
- Bodacious – OFRA’s Professional Blush Palette – specifically the “Crazy Pink” shade - is ideal for achieving a healthy flush to the cheeks heading into the colder season. This palette contains shades suitable for every skin tone and can be applied in layers to create the perfect vibrant Bodacious shade.
What are some of your favorite fall shades to wear this season and how do you wear them?
Share with us and comment below!
Written by Mariel Fernandez – OFRA Team Member