I have always had very troubled skin. Acne, hyper pigmentation, large pores, you name it - I have it.
I am a 21 year old college student, I have combination/acne prone skin, I am a coffee and chocolate ADDICT, and I’m lucky to get 5 hours of sleep a night. In a nutshell, the odds were against me.
I am obsessed with skincare and am constantly on the hunt for the next thing that claims to improve complexion. I recently joined the OFRA Team and have since switched to using strictly OFRA products on my skin and I could not be happier.
Ofra is a certified esthetician and curated a personalized skincare regimen for me and my specific needs. Here’s what she recommended for me and my acne prone skin:
- Foaming Vitamin C Cleanser- Use morning and night or whenever I need to cleanse.
- Fruit Acid Lotion - Use as a toner after cleansing. This treatment is very concentrated and effective so if my skin is feeling sensitive, I do this only once daily.
- Vitamin A & C Peel Off Mask - This has been my favorite to use! I use this mask 2-3 times a week. You smooth it onto the skin, wait for it to dry, peel off, and continue with your skincare. Do not follow up with a moisturizer. I try to go makeup-free the day after use to let my skin breathe.
- Blemish Treatment Mask - Use as a mask or an overnight spot treatment 3 times a week. Yes, your pillow will get a little messy but it is totally worth it! If I feel a breakout coming on, I sleep with this on the spot and when I wake up, the breakout is calmed.
- Brightening Mask - Use as a mask 2 times a week or as a spot treatment. I have some discoloration from acne and this mask has helped even my complexion!
- Revitalizing Clay Mask - I use this mask when my skin feels like it needs a pick-me-up. It is packed with Apple Stem Cells, Aloe Vera, Green Tea Extract and other skin-loving ingredients!
- Vitamin A and C Serum - I love mixing this with my Absolute Cover Silk Peptide Foundation for a more lightweight finish!
MOST IMPORTANT TAKEAWAYS:
- Ofra instructed me not to moisturize which was a foreign concept to me but it has made a huge difference in my skin. Since I am using the Vitamin A & C Peel Off Mask, I need to give my skin a chance to shed dead skin and it can’t if I cover it with moisturizer. (I know it sounds gross and scary but it really isn’t)
- Drink water! I thought I was already drinking enough a day but Ofra encouraged me to double my intake (close to 1 gallon a day) and it has helped tremendously!
- ALWAYS USE CLEAN MAKEUP BRUSHES / SPONGES - PERIOD. Not only does the makeup perform better but your skin will look better!!