Season after season, the crowds swarm to the nation’s largest hub for arts and fashion to catch trends in the making. NYFW brings innovation from every angle, including our personal favorite: makeup. Here are just a few of our favorite high-fashion makeup looks we pulled from Harper’s Bizarre and how you can get the look with OFRA Cosmetics.
Bright-Eyed & Brighter Blush
The first step to getting this flush-focused spring look is to get your skin prepped to glow on its own without the use of heavy foundation. Because let’s be real, springtime brings more sweat and the potential for breakouts. Let those freckles shine if you got ‘em!
- Cleanse with our Foaming Vitamin C Cleanser. It’s great for all skin types and cleanses without stripping away that essential PH
- Set a moisturized canvas with Cool As A Cucumber Primer. This stuff smells amazing, keeps you moisturized and won’t let your makeup melt away throughout the day.
- Using Brush #22, dip into Punch Blush, tap off the excess and start from the apples of your cheeks and apply upwards to your temples. It’s ok to go a little ham with it because- SPRING
- Apply one coat of our Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in shade Ultimate red, blot out so it leaves a stain and then top it with our Pure Vitamin E Lipstick. It will look like lip balm and won’t budge!
The minimal eye trend is hot for spring and this look balances it out with a stark black lip. To get this edgy effect you’ll want to:
- Take Brush #1 and using our Fixline Eyeliner Gel in shade Green Vibrations, make a thin flick from the outer corner of your eye upwards to the end of your eyebrow.
- Comb through those lashes with our HD Volumizing Mascara in Black. This mascara is so good at separating your lashes and defining them without leaving the dreaded spider-leg effect
- Finish with our Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in shade Bronx
Blush-bombing is back from the 80s with a whole new wrap. Think Grace Jones but without the heavy contouring. Getting this look only requires 4 steps:
- If you’re a fan of blush, you definitely need our Pro Palette- Blush. It has 12 different shades perfect for customizing a flush for any mood you’re in. For this holographic hot pink effect, you’ll want to use Brush #22 and dip into the shade Crazy Pink and apply LIBERALLY to the high points of the cheek, and up into your hairline.
- Take Brush #21 and blend in the same shade all over the eye
- Top the blush with the extra holo-glow effect of Cloud 9, our pink-peach shifting highlighter from the newest NikkiTutorials Electro Glaze Collection
- Line the lips with our Mauve Lipliner and top with our Pure Vitamin E Lipstick for the perfect subtle nude
Even though we’re heading into fall, these spring makeup trend projections can have you feeling bright and colorful through the colder months ahead! Any of these trends catch your eye? Be sure to use the hashtag #ofrabeauties for a chance to be featured on our social media when rocking OFRA.