Wedding Season Essentials + Tips!
Posted on 06 April 2018
Spring is in the air, and so is the love. Tis the season for festivals, but even more so- weddings. Now there are a lot of factors that go into wedding planning and with tools like planner apps and Pinterest where you can create boards for just about anything and search millions of ideas, it’s no wonder 68% of millennial women are using it to help them this wedding season.
(This beautiful bride is wearing Beverly Hills Highlighter for her glow styled by @oliverzavi)
As a professional makeup brand, OFRA is used on all types of clients including the ever so popular bride to be. So we’re here to give you some tips to getting the perfect wedding day makeup to minimize all that stress you’re already receiving if you’re a bride to be, the mother-in-law, bridesmaid, maid of honor or just a guest attending someone's big day!
Messy updos, lip gloss, and art deco are among the top beauty searches for weddings right now and we’ve got the lippies locked down for you!
Here are our top wedding approved lip essentials. We tried to narrow it down but honestly, there are so many shades you could wear! These are just some of our faves:
Long Lasting Liquid Lipsticks
While not necessary with our liquid lippies, some like that extra definition. Need some tips on how to use lipliner? Check it out here.
To gloss or not to gloss? Too much won't photograph well, but dabbing it on to the center of your lips will add a beautiful touch if you're into gloss!
Shop our other beauty faves by OFRA:
Bellini Blush from our Island Time collection, adds a beautiful soft flush to the face that can be built up to your liking. If this is not your shade, def. grab our Professional Blush Palette that contains a variety of shades you can test out to see which suits your skin tone and look best.
RCK Luminous Body Glow speaks for itself, this all-over body lotion provides a gorgeous glowing coverage for imperfections such as pigmentation, veins, cellulite, stretch marks, age spots, and wrinkles.This product is not a self-tan item and will be the perfect addition to keep your skin looking healthy, super sexy, and younger instantly!
On The Glow is a must have for any beauty enthusiast, this palette contains multiple highlights, bronzers and even a blush for all your glow goals whether subtly for a more natural look or intensified for a glam look that will have everyone's eyes on you!
Makeup Fixer Spray will be your final step to perfection on this day to remember. Lock in that makeup and keep our Mini Makeup Fixer on deck for any refreshes throughout the partying to keep your skin looking hydrated
- For busy people who don't have time for makeup touch-ups; spray Makeup Fixer on your face and use a tissue to pat the skin gently to refresh your makeup. Then apply a touch of compact powder to give your complexion a smooth velvety texture for the evening.
- Start prepping your skin months in advance! While your skin and face will be the most showed while wearing a dress you’ll want to enhance your eyes and make sure your skin is healthy. Stay out of the sun, use SPF, cleanse your skin each morning and always remove your makeup. Make sure your canvas is ready for makeup application.
- Start with your eyes. This way should there be any fall out from your eye makeup you can clean it easily without disrupting your foundation or concealer.
- Use a primer! This will ensure your makeups durability throughout the wedding and enhance the colors you choose.
- Stay away from high shimmer or frosty shadows, they do not photograph well.
- Apply a waterproof mascara. Emotions run high & just in case mother nature has other plans your makeup will stay intact.
- Choose an oil-free foundation with NO SPF. SPF tends to give a white cast that will not look pleasant in photos. We don’t want to get greasy either. After applying foundation use a pressed powder for oily skin and a baked hydrating powder for all other skin types if you need that extra moisture but don’t want to look too dry.
When all else fails, take time to do trial looks and figure out what look will suit your dress and theme of the wedding the best! What season is it in? Do you tend to go more natural or do you love a good false lash? Especially if you are the bride to be, it’s always best to look like yourself, just with added definition.
Need some inspo? See how beauty blogger Jasmine Hand uses Rodeo Drive in this bridal inspired tutorial:
Picked up any wedding tips or tricks along the way? Let us know in the comments below! We hope to have inspired your wedding look & take some stress off such a major day!