2016 Met Gala- Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology inspo
A blend between handmade haute couture and mechanically engineered fashion, the exhibition featured beautiful hand-made techniques such as embroidery, pleating and lacework in juxtaposition to machine-made techniques such as laser cutting, thermos shaping and circular knitting.
Many unique outfits graced the red carpet that evening. Actors, artists, designers and many others walked the gala with futuristic inspired structured outfits (& makeup!) in metallic, shimmers, and sequins as forecasted for trends of 2016.
Lupita Nyongo, Zayn Malik & Gigi Hadid, Kendall & Kylie Jenner, Kim & Kanye, Lady Gaga, Cindy Crawford, Demi Lovato, & Naomi Campbell were were among the gorgeous people who sported this sparkling evening look.
Shimmering glam looks are not exclusive to celebrities. You can spice up your makeup with Met Gala inspired looks with Ofra’s help!
Daring and futuristic, bold pigments can go seamlessly from day to night.
- With over 20 Shimmer Eye Shadows to choose from and her exquisite Diamonds Are Forever palette in 13 unique shades, there’s endless room for reinvention and fresh ways to dazzle your makeup.
- Our ICE Cream Eyeshadows come in six shimmery shades with built in primer & can be layered for a higher intensity that will endure all night long at events like the gala.
Paving the new way for a new standard of eyeliner, blurred lines and intense graphics are making waves.
- Thicker, blended and blurred lines result in an ultra-diffused shadow that is soft, yet full of impact. OFRA Brush #16 or OFRA Hard Angle Brush #4 will help you achieve the blended look, along with our Eyeliner formulated with beeswax. It applies easily like velvet and lasts from day to night.
- Graphic lines were also hot on the runway this season so get creative and try a new take on eyeliner. With bold colors and lines inspired by the futuristic structure and geometry of some of the red carpet outfits, our Fix Eyeliner Gel gives smooth flexibility and is highly pigmented producing envious fine lines. Easily applicable and, in a beautiful array of colors, use with OFRA Brush #1 Eyeliner Brushor OFRA Brush # 4 Hard Angle or Crease Brush for best results.
- If the above suggestions are a bit overwhelming, just try a sultry, smokey eye. Timeless and stylish, Zendaya shows us this look with the juxtaposition to her sleek, futuristic hair style and her gorgeous, golden dress.
Keeping the face neutral with a bit of blush or highlighter to emphasize certain features along with a nude lip
- For the perfect nude, our newest Long Lasting Liquid Lipsticks in Aries and Charmed will add just enough softness to complement your look. These two shades came about from a collab with Manny MUA and you can find other gorgeous, OFRA nudes here!
- By playing with the intensity and placement of OFRA’s Illuminating Blush Stripes, this highly pigmented highlighter will give you an alluring and effortless futuristic glow.
Deep berries, metallic, and pops of red can bring zing to the red carpet
- Times Square & Fifth Ave long lasting liquid lipsticks are metallic and can be worn alone or as a final finish to any shade of lipstick. Solano and Plumas are also great colors with an added shimmer to them.
- Dark, vampy lips were seen all over the gala’s red carpet. Want to recreate the look? Choose a dark burgundy or berry shade. Some of our favorites are Honolulu, Harlem, Kathleen lights collab in Havana Nights, and Queens a darker purple shade. If you’re really daring, try a black like The Bronx.
Take a flash back and forward by mixing classic looks from the past with a futuristic twist for gorgeous makeup looks that inspire. The 2016 Met Gala Manus x Machina: Fashion in an age of Technology reveals the perfect blend and opens up a new platform for fashion and beauty alike.
Written by Mariel Fernandez - OFRA Team Member