2017 Beauty Goals
Posted on 20 January 2017
2017 Beauty Goals
15 Resolutions to keep your New Year running smoothly
- Remove your makeup - As mentioned in our previous blogpost (Gym Approved Makeup), the most important thing to remember when it comes to makeup is to always remove it! If you don’t do this enough, now is the time to get in the habit of taking off your makeup whether it be the first thing after work or before you go to sleep. No cheating allowed!
- Perfect the process - We spend so much time finding the best products and buying the latest in makeup but the way you apply them needs just as much effort as the time you take looking up reviews. Developing a more efficient technique when you apply your makeup and skin care products is essential to maximizing your routine. Make it a goal to correctly apply makeup and skin care in its appropriate steps to get the best results.
- Your body is equally as important - When we think beauty and skin care we often spend attention on our faces so much that we tend to neglect the rest of the skin we walk around in all day. Show your body more love and take time to pamper yourself every now and then with body scrubs and moisturizers. OFRA has a great Pomegranate Sugar Body Scrub that exfoliates and removes dead skin cells while moisturizing and smoothing the skin with essential oils that will also stimulate your senses. We also have a Coffee Body Scrub that tightens, reduces cellulite and reveals smoother healthier skin while rejuvenating lifeless skin in need of a youthful glow.
- Protect your skin! – Getting into the daily habit of wearing sunscreen should be one of your top resolutions this year! It is extremely important that we regularly wear sunscreen to protect ourselves from harmful UV rays and decrease any signs of premature aging and discoloration. OFRA carries multiple products that include SPF in them and if cream products aren’t your jam, we have a Sun Spray that applies easily all over the body. It’s great for all skin types and recommended as a quick one-step skin protection solution.
- Skin Check - How familiar are you with your skin? There are so many factors when it comes to choosing skin care products such as knowing if you have dry, oily, or combination skin and defining your undertone when choosing concealers and foundations. It’s always best to consult with an expert to ensure you are using the best products suited for your skin type.
- Quit picking! – While very tempting and a satisfying feeling, we’ve got to stop squeezing pimples, blackheads and scratching at scabs we’ve already made! I say we because this is a personal resolution of mine and a bad habit to break this year! Messing with your face will just create more problems. You can transfer bacteria into pores and create more breakouts and scarring. Clean and clear skin is the ultimate goal!
- Routine - constantly switching products can have a negative impact on your skin, especially when it comes to skin care. While we always want to try the newest and “truest” products it’s important to give your skin some time (around six weeks) to notice any changes before you switch products again. Developing a regular routine can help organize our used products and the times of day we should use them (if we do at all).
- Essential Skin Care - Moisturizing and exfoliating should be done regularly! No matter your skin type, moisturizing is just as important as cleansing. For a lightweight, non-greasy formula that works on all skin types, the OFRA x KIM THAI moisturizer and primer “Wanderlush’” will hydrate your skin and leave a velvety finish. Use as a primer to lock in your makeup in addition to a daily moisturizer. A win-win if you ask me! Moisturizing won’t remove excess makeup and dead skin cells so that’s where the exfoliating comes in. OFRA’s Radiance Face & Body Scrub will surely get the job done and, for more sensitive skin, exfoliating with the Soft Pearl Peel leaves skin feeling soft, fresh and renewed!
- Proper Placement – While we often want to display our products in accordance with their aesthetic value, we also need to make sure they’re being stored properly. Cosmetics can deteriorate if exposed to light, humidity or extreme temperatures. Make sure they are not kept near a window with direct sun on them. Keep in mind your products’ requirements while organizing your makeup collection.
- Beauty clean up - Don’t wait until spring to declutter your clothes and makeup collection. Most products are labeled with their expiration date so make it a point to go through and toss any expired products. Expired products often change in color and consistency in addition to smelling a little funky. Basically, if you’re not totally sure how long you’ve had it – dump it! Powder base makeup items such as eyeshadows, blushes and powders have a longer lifetime. Those normally are safe to use for a long time.
- Brushes & beauty blenders - Speaking of a cleanup, regularly cleansing your brushes and beauty blenders is a must! Disinfecting all your tools is essential for makeup application and healthy skin. Don’t risk breakouts and uneven application from simply being lazy. Make it part of your weekly routine. For a quick disinfectant between uses try the OFRA Brush Cleaner and Disinfectant Spray. It dries quickly and enables you to continue your makeup application without any disturbances.
- Read the labels - Do you really know which ingredients are in your products? If you have any allergies or sensitivities this is a give in and if you are an animal lover or animal rights advocate, you want to ensure that your products align with your values. Some of your favorite brands test on animals and you may not even know it! OFRA prides itself on being 100% vegan and cruelty-free, using only the most natural ingredients with the most helpful aids for your skin including peptides, Vitamin C, a variety of minerals, Glycolic and Lactic acids and other natural anti-aging and skin repairing ingredients just to name a few. We list most of our ingredients on our website and can always be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions!
- Investing in quality products - OFRA Cosmetics is not just another makeup company or skincare line. It is a leading manufacturer of professional skincare and makeup. By formulating and producing exclusive skin care and makeup products in-house, OFRA does everything from product creation to testing, manufacturing, packaging, and shipping. When you buy from OFRA you can feel confident in the quality of products knowing you are receiving freshly made products made to order each time.
- Step out of your comfort zone - Makeup should never be limiting! Maybe you have a go-to look that works for you daily but don’t be afraid to add that extra pop of color whether on the lids or lips. Maybe try a little extra highlight when you’re feeling more glam or a sharper contour for more defined look. Whatever it is you’ve been wanting to try or have been pinning to your Pinterest boards, take a chance and go for it! What’s the worst that could happen? You can always start over with a fresh canvas. It’s the beauty of makeup!
- Get your beauty sleep – and stay hydrated! These two things go hand in hand when it comes to getting rest and rejuvenating your skin. Do you walk into work looking like a zombie from the bags and dark circles under your eyes after a long weekend? Prevent the raccoon eyes with a full night of sleep and let your skin take the time to regenerate. Drinking lots of water (minimum eight cups of water a day) and perfecting your nighttime skin care routine will lead to a beautiful glowing complexion along with catching some extra Z’s.
Written by Mariel Fernandez - OFRA Team Member